Because a medical emergency can happen at any time, Animal Health Clinic provides emergency care to pet owners in Picayune, Slidell, Lacombe, and Mandeville.
The easiest answer as to whether you should seek emergency care for your pet is when you feel his or her medical condition is serious and cannot wait.
However, the following general situations should help you determine if you need to seek emergency care for your pet:
- • Difficulty breathing
- • Acute abdominal swelling
- • Electric shock
- • Excessive vomiting or diarrhea
- • Bleeding
- • Exhibits symptoms of heat stroke
- • Seizures
- • Sudden onset of weakness
- • High or low temperature (more than 104 or less than 100 degrees)
- • Unable to urinate or defecate
If you think your pet is having a medical emergency, please call us at 601-799-1300. If your emergency is during regular hours, we will make every effort to see your pet as quickly as possible.
If your emergency occurs outside of regular office hours, please call our clinic at 601-799-1300; the answering service will get in touch with the veterinarian on call.